Saturday, January 12, 2008

You buggers....

...you absolute buggers! Dancin' about in my comments box when I was obviously incapacitated.
The fact that my phone line has actually been fixed has put me in a good mood so I will deal with you horrors (you know who you are) at a later date.

Thank you for all the emails asking if I was dead and your concern for my mental well being. I was able to pick up mails at work (shhh) but was filtered out of my blog so I have been cut off from the world since last Monday!

The battle to get anyone to actually come and find out what was wrong took me until Friday. Every time I phoned (20 mins to get through each time) they asked the same standard questions and then informed me that I had a fault on the line. By Thursday I was ready to kill, messily - the helpline is based in India for obvious reasons.
Anyway, a short while ago a little man shinned up the pole outside me house and in five minutes had sticky-taped the wire back to where it should be (Debi, they don't use spit any more). So, I am back and horrified that I have obviously become so dependent on my wires doing what they are supposed to do.


Following on from the last post - I have been a good girl and not watched the monstrous TV thing in the other room too much. Instead I finished two more chapters of Natural Magick (the sequel to Coven of One) and wrote numerous short pieces. Strangely, most of them seem to read like a hit list of internet providers!

Good to be back - let the games commence.....

.

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

It took BT 6 weeks to admit that it was a fault at their end and not mine(nothing wrong with my little end)Thats after I went out and bought a new modem and cables.Bleddy wankers.

Debi said...

Oh, hello, Miss. You're back, Miss. Sorry, Miss. It wasn't me, Miss. It was them, Miss. They made me do it ... I begged them not to. I told them it wasn't fair and you'd be cross ...

Roberta said...

Oh no, Minx. It was Debi that started it all. Honest!

There isn't any chocolate left? What? I didn't see any chocolate. Debi, did you see any chocolate? What chocolate.

Roberta said...

Ooooooooops. The tape must have come loose...or the spit.

Chocolates hidden under the big screen Debi. Let's go! :)

John said...

Happy and relieved to have you back. Obviously, your new acre of tv screen was too much for your poor little cable. I hope you've learned your lesson...

Unknown said...

Oh well, Monsoon, I suppose I shouldn't be moaning then. Although the line rental is with the interweb provider it was BT who saved us in the end!

You will suffer for this, Alper, February comes....

There is no chocolate, Roberta, you imagined it - I ate it all anyway.

I am glad as well, John. Do you honestly think I've learned my lesson?

Debi said...

*sob* The chocolate was an illusion? Please say it ain't so ... Or is this just the beginning of my suffering to culminate in Feb?

Unknown said...

Yes, yes, just the beginning, Debi. I ate all the chocolate and now have the strange illusion that my hips have got bigger.

Debi said...

You ate all the chocolate? I hope your hips spread right across your leather sofa from one end to the other while your brain turns to glutinous gloop in front of the big bad screen.

How could you do this to me? How? How?

*runs off stamping foot and crying an ocean*

And it's not easy running and stamping simultaneously but that's how far you've pushed me ...

Rita said...

well, all I can say is enjoy the squatting monster...pretend it's a child, pat it on the head when you walk through the room.

Could television become any more rude & obnoxious & invasive then it already is?

Unknown said...

Ha, I wondered why it had gone so unreasonably quiet.

Thanks for advising on the kind of service levels I can look forward to. And I thought it was bad here. Now I know how good I've got it!

Unknown said...

Glad you're back Minx, and I know what it's like to be cut off from blogging civilization. Now if I had known about your problem, I could have shouted at those people in India for you! Happy New Year and look forward to future posts.

Pallav said...

believe me, even in india the helplines are not helpful :P

cool it got fixed, lets get back to the games yeah :)

N

S. Kearney said...

Lol. I have this perfect vision of that little man up the pole outside your house, with sticky tape in hand, and you offering him a nice cuppa! :-)

Taffiny said...

darn it all, I am supposed to be on the treadmill, and now I am hungry for chocolate! Would it count as exercise to get up off of sofa, walk to kitchen pantry, look for some, take it out, and what if I chew it rather than just let it melt in my mouth? Would that count as exercise?

Good work writing 2 chapter (plus more) while you were away.