Sunday, May 27, 2007

8 things about me that are of no interest to anyone

.
.
Tagged by Reluctant Memsahib and only forgiven because she don't know me horror of all things memish, I present Eight Useless Facts......

.
(mini-minx 1965)
.

1. I am the queen of quick birthing - I gave birth to Small Fecker in 30 minutes from start to finish. Waste of time all that labourin'.

2. I played netball at county standard for twenty years I had to give up after two operations to reset a dislocated jaw!

3. I have escaped death twice.

4. I have been pregnant six times, one nearly killed me - see above.

5. I was once a week late for a wedding and turned up someone else's.

6. My hair has been grey since I was sixteen. It has been every colour but normal.

7. I have lived with my partner (the MD) for 25 years - we haven't got married because I don't know whether he's Mr Right yet.

8. I hate spiders, prunes, bad manners and toenails but love driving, smoking, drinking and dancing. I can eat a packet of Cadbury's chocolate fingers in three minutes flat and stash my shoes all over the house so no one will really know how many there are.
.

.

I have no wish to tag anyone but if you feel the need......

19 comments:

Roberta said...

Very enlightening Minx!
Nice to get to know you better.

Unknown said...

So... I shouldn't send you a box of chocolate coated spiders then, or should I? And I suppose you're not keen on spiders with long toenails either... even if they are painted red.

Debi said...

Oh no! We all have toenails! Does this mean you're going to withdraw the invite?

Unknown said...

Not quite sure what this says about me really - good job I didn't give away the really meaty stuff!

Toenails are okay as long as they remain firmly on the toes and are kept short. The toenails I really can't stand are the ones that have been set free with the clippers. You are likely to get them back in your bed if you leave them lying around. Ugh!

Unknown said...

Minx, you could be my soul mate, I like drinking and smoking too.
Now where are my damn shoes?

Unknown said...

I always thought Netball was an extremely violent sport. And the near death experiences! Was one of them during a netball match?

Anonymous said...

I like the smoking part -nothing like being politically incorrect...

Unknown said...

I like swearin' too, John!

For a non-contact sport V, netball is fast, exciting and extremely violent. My team remained at the top of the league table for nearly ten years. Our secret? We trained with a local rugby team!

Unknown said...

We are soon to be social pariah's, Muts. Ah well, back to smoking behind the bike shed.

Gorilla Bananas said...

"I gave birth to Small Fecker in 30 minutes from start to finish. Waste of time all that labourin'"

Very impressive. I admire a female who can squirt 'em out like grape pips.

Unknown said...

Thank you GB, I didn't hang around, I had shoes to buy.

L.M.Noonan said...

Oh Minxy, you are an intriguing woman! But I think I would win the chockie biscuit competition. I perfected the art of swallowing as opposed to chewing (bit like a crocdile), decades ago.
PS...if anyone needs tagging it's Seamus

Unknown said...

Intriguing, eh? Think this came up before when a friend said I was like Audrey Hepburn with a moustache (I haven't got a moustache - I wax!)

I quite like pink

Unknown said...

I am very proud - I have just managed to insert a link in me comments box - did you see?

Meloney Lemon said...

I like the pic of mini Minx. Is she
searching for medicinal herbs?

Unknown said...

I was probably looking for an antidote to the curly hair that the carrots had given me. It never worked!

Ronald said...

Silly. You're supposed to pass the ball with your hands, not your face.

You don't like bad manners? That would account for a lot. I swear I don't mean it, it just comes out that way :-)

Unknown said...

My face attacked an innocent elbow, Don - not very ladylike I know!

Wanderlust Scarlett said...

Yikes!

I hadn't gotten this far in your archives yet... oops. Well.. I guess you could repost. Or make a new list... Or bow out gracefully.

What if you did 8 specific things? Like 8 favorites or something. Hmm.

Sorry about having tagged you a second time for the same thing.

Scarlett & v.