The MD recently described our bedroom as a Persian Brothel.
"Exactly" I said "just what I was aiming at", which was a complete lie as I had been trying to copy 'the warmth of the Saharan sun coupled with Kings purple' from a house magazine that I'd nicked from the doctors surgery.
The MD leans towards YDI (you-do-it) when it comes to decor. We once had a snarl about a Battleship Grey bathroom and ever since he glazes over when I mention the 'D' word. I don't mind a bit and can happily indulge my taste for rich colour as the fancy takes me.
Ah yes, the bedroom, the most important room in the house, and one that is home to our enormous bed. I love my bed, it is my/our sanctuary and over the years it has seen a lot of action! Childbirth, puking babies, the cat, the kittens, crying in the night, trampolining toddlers, getaway guests and of course, us.
There is room for everyone, and from my bed we can watch the sea on a Saturday morning whilst eating toast, and watch the sunset with a pims and a good book.
As a compiler of lists (sadly not often the shopping type, when I just take pot luck) I have a list of 'interesting bedfellows'. These are bedfellows of the non-sexual type, (I keep those to myself), but the MD and I often get out this mental list when we are bored or have just completed the list of 'things we would buy should we ever win the lottery'! Oh dear, this looks a bit sad, perhaps we should get out more.
Anyway here is my current list of Interesting Non-sexual Bedfellows. The MD has his own and I will only say that he managed to get Goldie Hawn in there for some stupid reason.
1. Sean Connery.........so that he could read to me in 'that' voice.
2. Jamie Oliver........to cook me breakfast.
3. Charles Bukowski...so I could hear him say 'fuckers' at the end of '8 Count'.
4. Jack Kerouac.....for the beat, man!
5. Stephen Fry.....to twist my words.
6. Kurt Cobain....to ask him - why?
7. Kurt Jackson....to paint me in bed.
8. Spike Milligan...to talk drivel.
9. Anthony Hopkins....to say 'chianti' and still be sexy!
10. The cast of Lost.....to tell me the next bit so that I don't have to wait until next week!
10.5. Ray Winstone.....oops, he just slipped in!
This list is ever changing but all would be welcome to share marmite on toast and a large pot of tea. Who would you have in your Persian Brothel?