Thursday, March 30, 2006

Multi-me

Oh I'll just stick a broom up my ass and sweep the floor as well, shall I? Why did someone neglect to tell me that I had a degree in toilet cleaning. I must have one, a bright shiny one with ribbons and everything. No one else in my house has developed this particular skill.
The MD looks on in horror as I cook a meal, answer homework questions, feed the dog and clean the loo! Surely multi-tasking is normal, anyone with an ounze of brainpower can do at least two things at once, can't they? I know we do not have GCSE's in multi-tasking and you cannot gain an A level in higher MT but surely it should at least go on our CV?
We women, and it is an exclusively female trait, do not brag about it, but there are societies that celebrate their MTness, the women's Institute for instance. These women know how to task multilly (is this a word?). Not only do they produce jam that is worthy of a noble prize but they can knit for the third world and produce calenders of moral debate! Ah well, I'll just get my broom.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

One word: Strike.

Unknown said...

Oops! can't spell late at night it seems.
Anyway jta, I will if I can get the broom out.
Art thou blogist or blogeur? I read you all over the place.