Fifty-thousand is a lot of anything and I find it quite hard to picture this number of things (apart from words, that is. Numbers never were a strong point). Here are some facts about this rather gorgeous number.
* Western Samoa ordered 50, 000 condoms to be available during the Pacific Games (saucy bunch)
* Each year as many as 50,000 species disappear (or have they gone on holiday?)
* 'Gadsby' was a story of 50,000 words by Ernest Vincent Wright that didn't use the letter 'E' (should that be Rnst Vincnt Wright?).
* Parents will pay £50,000 more than average to be near a good primary school. (snob money?)
* Malaysia has slaughtered 50,000 pigs this year because of smell pollution (poor piggies)
* Valerie is the 50,000th bus pass holder in Swansea (well done, Valerie)
* 50,000 dollars worth of broccoli was stolen reported the Chicago Tribune (why?)
* Admiral Dick offers 50,000 movies of dubious content for your late night perusal.
* Since May last year The Inner Minx has had 50,000 people trooping through her blog. It is probably more but I wasn't bright enough to obtain a stat counter at first.
I find it a bit impossible. There can't possibly be room for all of you but at least now I know where all the crumbs come from.
I'm very proud because some of you have even come back for a second visit, so well done.
Now, if you all squeeze up a bit we can maybe fit another small one in!
(here are fifty-thousand pennies that some boring twonk made into a cube)