In a one-off comment in the last post, I have received a couple of emails and a hands-up from Cailleach and Jon M to an idea that I threw out into the blogosphere.
Competitions are lovely but they often give us no idea as to how we are progressing. A writers life is lonely and we all need, encouragement, help and support - so this is my proposal.
1. A monthly showcase of writing to be hosted on a different blog each month,
2. Setting up a new 'central' blog to which the contributors have the passwords. There could still be a different host each month.
3. Each host could decide the theme in advance.
4. Open for all types of poetry and prose (but with a limited word count).
5. Allowing for the possibility of individual, private critique, or help with editing.
There are lots of things going around in my head but now it's over to you. What do you think?