Friday, May 05, 2006

If only they knew

Interviews, don't you just love them?
I've done the paper tasks, the 'real life' role play and got through to round two. Here is today's synopsis and the random thoughts that escaped my needle focussed brain.

Gestapo 1-"Well, first I'd like to say well done for getting through"
You had to put me through otherwise I would have sued you for purple hair discrimination.

G2 - "What qualities do you think that you can bring to this job?"
All the ones that I have already put on my CV and my covering letter, idiot. Apart from that I am a shining example of everything that you could ever possibly hope for but will never get.

G5 "Tell us about yourself"
Pissed on Fridays, regular as clockwork. I play the guitar in the wee small hours when I can't sleep and I think that no one else should either. I am well known for nodding off in staff meetings and training sessions. I buy inappropriate footwear that will sit in my wardrobe for the rest of my life and I do as little as possible the rest of the time

G4 - "Do you think that you are the right person for this post?"
Not on your nelly. You've probably got far better candidates lining up outside the soup kitchen down the road.

G3 - "How do you see your role in this organisation?"
Hard to tell until I've got my foot in the door - then I will assess the situation and decide whether you are worth a two year attention span or not.

G1 - You put 'blogging' under your list of hobbies, would you like to tell us about it"
Oh shit!!

No comments: