Thursday, May 25, 2006

Oh God, I've got SMO

I've never thought of myself as a person with obsessions. The washing of hands or the betting of the neddies has never really appealed although there are a few drugs that I'm a bit partial to.
A couple of posts lately, both on my blog and 'out there somewhere' have made me start to obsess about my Site Metre.
I didn't have one at first and got along just nicely without thank you, but then I started to notice these little boxes on people's blogs and some of them were flashing seductively!
I've had it for a while now and I used to pop in ocasionally to have a gawp at the visitors book. Now I find I'm having a gawp before reading my blog - is this normal?
In the last few days I've really studied the comings and goings and I've even found a little map that tells me where they all come from - how dinky is that?
Oh I know I'm probably a complete ignoramous, but did you know that it has graphs and everything and can even predict what is going to happen tomorrow. Does the rest of the world know of this device, it could change lives, goverments, the universe!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

you are not alone, not the only smo-jo

Unknown said...

Bloody hell and I thought all it could do was count! I think you may have imparted information that I really didn't need to know.

Marie said...

It's great isn't it? Nice to know that there are people from all over the world bothering to look at your blog - and scary too!

Unknown said...

Eh yeah, well I've had a lot of spare time the last two days so I looked. I clicked on the map and you know those blobs in Malaysia and India and god knows where else? Well it was me zinging around the globe to leave comments on other people's blogs. The in-depth analysis showed me that I had two readers. And I'm going to go back to my earlier misconcpetion that all it did was count.

Unknown said...

You have to network V. Get out there and put yourself about, comment on everything and wait for the lovely people to come back. look at my blog at the beginning, I was Billy-no-mates but after a couple of world tours...whay-hey!!